Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
Calcium Nitrate enhances uptake of potassium, magnesium, and calcium from the soil.
It is a colorless anhydrous salt and when combined with ammonium nitrate forms Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (CAN) used majorly as a fertilizer and also in cold packs. It is among the few fertilizers that are hygroscopic. Calcium Ammonium Nitrate is used as a nitrogen fertilizer in agriculture especially in acid soils for its mode of action is acidifying soils.
It is made up of 15.5% Nitrogen and 19% Calcium. Calcium Nitrate fertilizer enhances plants photosynthesis, reduces the soil acidity thus promoting the development of microorganisms in the soil that aid in the nitrogen fixation. Calcium Nitrate 15.5-0-0 (Ammonium Calcium Nitrate) is an important fertilizer that plays a big role in the maintenance of healthy cell walls in plants, because of its higher solubility in the soil, it helps the plants in absorbing other important nutrients in the soil.
It is positively charged and fixed in the soil. The negative charge of nitrate releases them from soil and thus promotes their uptake as the solution of calcium nitrate sprayed on leaves to roots also.
Directions for Use
As the plants grow in the prepared mix, it is necessary to add more nutrients from time to time. Again, any one of several preparations could be utilized satisfactorily for this purpose, but one of the easiest to prepare solutions results from the use of commercially available soluble fertilizer. Two suggested solutions for weekly feedings are made with 4-18-38 analysis fertilizer at 1 pound per 100 gallons and 15.5-0-0 at 1 pound per 100 gallons.
A suggested schedule for their use would be to use the 4-18-28 for the first three weeks, followed by 4-18-38 the rest of the way. Where tomatoes are the primary crop, substitute 2 pounds of calcium nitrate (per 100 gallons water) for the complete fertilizer.
This should be done about every two weeks to insure adequate calcium and reduce blossom-end rot.
No posts found
- Free Delivery
- Regional Delivery
- High Volume Delivery
- International Customs Shipping
- Reservations are required at least seven (7) days prior to arrival date.
- Confirmation is subject to availability.
- Standard no-show, rebooking, and cancellation policies will apply.
- E-voucher and a valid government-issued ID are strictly required upon check-in. Voucher is nonrefundable but transferrable. If voucher will be transferred, a valid government-issued ID of the voucher owner has to be presented together with the e-voucehr when redeeming the service.
- Inclusive of applicable taxes and charges. Not valid in conjunction with other promotions and government-mandated discounts such as Senior Citizen, Diplomat and PWD. Not valid for cash back.